Sunday 17 November 2019

A Fancy Smelling Man Cave

Occasionally I peruse Kijiji to see if I will happen upon any gems.  As luck would have it, I found someone in our area liquidating their soap making supplies.  For a heck of a deal, I am now the proud owner of a whole bunch of new butters and oils, containers of lye, melt and pour soap bases, dyes and fragrances, and soap molds.  Such good fortune warranted making a soaping space of my very own.  I chose the back of our walk in closest as my new "soap cave" (read: lady cave for soap).


I stashed all my new soap supplies in there except the smelly stuff; I relegated that to the basement storage room.


Unfortunately, this particular basement storage room also doubles as Ian’s "beer cave" (read: man cave for beer) and it now smells like fruits and flowers and bubble gum and such.   Oops!  

The only possible solution I can think of is for Ian to move his man cave, though it is dangerous to even suggest this as he will counter with the request for a shed.  Ian has been pushing for a "man shed" for years.  He has been given a hard "no".  Our neighbour, Mr. George, erected a man shed in his yard thirty years ago.  He now has thirty man sheds.  He has built his own shanty town.  I refuse to enable the creation of Gael Glen Farm and Shanty Town.  It remains a hard no on the shed and Ian will just have to learn to love his new fancy smelling man cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment