Wednesday 26 June 2019

Rocket Riders and Runners

It is official, we have two bike riding boys.  Liam and Seamus have left their training wheels in the dust and are off like rockets.  There is no stopping them now!

Liam is beyond thrilled to be able to ride his two wheeler solo!


They are tough little monsters.  Both boys took some serious spills today but got right back up and kept going.  "Falling is part of learning to ride a bike, Mom", said Seamus when I picked him up from camp and commented on his new Bandaid and how his knees are covered in scuffs.  It seems that he does actually listen to me sometimes.


Not to be outdone, Ava has also been practising her rocket ship maneuvers.  She races around the fence line during our evening perimeter walk - partly because she loves running and partly because she is excited for her dinner awaiting her in her crate.  She always has time to stop for a belly rub, though.


I have been rocketing around the city during the time that the big boys are at camp, getting all my random errands done.  For example, I bought replacement mineral feeders after Charlie broke theirs, I finally got an eye exam and ordered replacement glasses for mine that broke ages ago, I have been grocery shopping (twice), and I have hit up a bunch of the end of season sales at the local nurseries.  I was looking for Borage and Autumn Joy Sedum for our honey bees but instead found great deals on Polaris blueberry plants, a Minuet Weigela, and Helenium Short 'n Sassy Sneezeweed.  





Lucky for me, Ms. Isabel across the road offered to let me transplant some volunteer Sedum plants from her flower garden.  I am still looking for Borage.  

Now I just have to work on amassing the energy to tackle my Weedy Well Garden in order to get all these new plants in the ground.  Normally this would not be a problem but look...

The Well Garden is all thistles - hundreds and hundreds of prickly thistles.
Do you know who did not do much rocketing today?  This guy (and his Daddy but we have an agreement not to post photos of each other sleeping).  


I guess accompanying me on my whirlwind of errands tired Ali right out.  What a sleepy head.  I am not sure what Ian's excuse is...a full time job coupled with life with three crazy kiddos and a menagerie of farm animals, maybe?  Just watching all these mini rocket ships scoot about their day is enough to leave the best of us exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment