Sunday 16 June 2019

A Sweet Father's Day

I tried to sell the idea that we should let Daddy sleep in this morning but the boys were so excited to bring him breakfast in bed that poor Ian ended up being awoken by 7 am.  At least he got to take an uninterrupted shower - ah, the small things.



I took the boys shopping for Father's Day at the dollar store the other day, they picked out Daddy's favourite treats and spent a ton of time wrapping up their gifts for him just right.  


Liam and Seamus could not wait for Daddy to open everything up.  They were so eager that they could not resist helping him a bit.


Liam was especially proud of the card he made for Papa at school.  I may have teared up a little at the line, "Tu es mon super heros".  It was beautifully done and so incredibly sweet.


In other sweet news, the weather finally cooperated and I was able to inspect my hives this afternoon.  This week, we have three hives and a nuc with laying queens, one hive and a nuc with virgin queens who are not laying yet, and one queenless hive.  That is not too bad.  I had two honey frames that I needed the bees to clean up and so I swapped them out for frames of capped honey.


I cut the cappings off and we are leaving the frames on top of a cookie sheet to drip drain.  This will be our first honey from 2019. 


What a sweet day.  Happy Father's Day Ian - we love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment