Saturday 15 June 2019

Brew by Two

Ian and I did concurrent brews today.  He made a base American wheat beer.  He took some of the wort and is fermenting it with a German Hefeweizen yeast for something different and perhaps for competition.  His plan is for part of the wheat beer to be fermented with some of the 22 pounds of passion fruit puree we ordered yesterday from Oregon.  We are also dreaming about passion fruit jam for Christmas gifts, passion fruit flavoured yogurt, and passion fruit kombucha.

My brew in the foreground and Ian's in the back.
On the topic of kombucha, I brewed a new batch today.  For the second ferment of my finished batch I added lemon ginger flavoured tea and bottled.  I then brewed new sweet black tea and refilled my mason jars for the next round.  My previous lychee flavoured batch turned out to be delicious and is days away from being carbonated enough to go in the fridge.  All is looking well in the kombucha department lately.

Since the bad weather prohibited our planned painting and fencing, a family brew day was not a bad way to spend this rainy Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment