Friday 14 June 2019

A Veggi-rific Bundle

Our Week #2 CSA basket was another success. It included: green leaf, red leaf and iceberg lettuces, winter and strawberry spinach, garland, arugula, endive, watercress, chard, radishes, red scallions, cabbage/broccoli/cauliflower leaves, kale, dill, parsley, garlic chives, pea shoots, daikon micro greens, wasabi mustard micro greens, red clover micro greens, wheat grass (for smoothies), and a dozen farm fresh eggs.

This week’s bonus item is homemade honey lavender yogurt.



Something our basket did not include was rhubarb. For a plant that is supposed to be easy to grow, I am having a heck of a time getting it going.

Such a sad, meagre harvest.
I have been trying to be patient but I just had to snip enough (off seven plants!) to make a batch of rhubarb-raspberry muffins and a rhubarb-apple crisp.






Thank goodness I have more luck growing greens than I do rhubarb!

No comments:

Post a Comment