Monday 6 August 2018

Bee Beards

It is hot.  I am hot.  My bees are hot.  Will fall get here already?

When bees are hot, they do something called bearding to cool down the hive.  This involves many of them sitting on the outside of the hive.  We have lots of variations of bee bearding going on in the apiary today.  I am hardly a beard expert, so I relied on the expertise of https://beardoholic.com for accurate classification.

Hive 2 is sporting the classic "Even Flow".



Next, Hive 4 with the ever popular Mutton Chops.




And finally, Hive 1 with some "Simple Yet Short" stubble.



Who knew there were so many different types of beards?!  I guess my hives are just more fashionable than me.  Personally, I would prefer cooler weather so that they could all go back to "Clean Shaven" but I suppose I will just have to patiently endure this phase of self-expression.  Good practice for when the boys are teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment