Thursday 30 August 2018

Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit

We had great success with bush beans this year; however, our pole beans were another story entirely.  It took us three plantings to get any of the pole beans to even sprout and we are only now seeing some (minimal) produce.


My plan was to grow the pole beans in pots and have them climb up the trellis over our pepper plants.  As it turns out, I do not think beans like to be grown in pots, even with consistent watering.  Maybe Jack was on to something - beans really do much better when planted directly in the ground.  My pot method certainly left me a long way from growing a beanstalk that reaches anywhere near the clouds!  I will chalk this up to a lesson learned and will try something different next year.  Maybe trading Charlie for some magic beans?  Not likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment