Monday 27 August 2018

Day of Liam

With school starting tomorrow and Seamus on a much needed (for me!) Shay-cation at the cottage with Grandma, Liam and I designated today "Day of Liam".  We did exactly what Liam wanted to do.  He was very clear that I was not allowed to "say no" to his activity choices today.  He kept us going all day long, and needless to say, we did not do any of the farm chores that are on my to-do list.


We began the day at the Canadian Science and Technology Museum.


There is no doubt that Liam is his father's child.  He is fascinated by puzzles and gears.  He is really good at them too!





Like most other boys, Liam is also in love with trains.  He was over the moon about getting to explore the inside of the great big train inside the museum.


We lunched at the nearby Rotisserie St-Hubert where he had, you guessed it, chicken fingers and french fries.  I swear by this point Liam may well have tried this meal in almost every restaurant in the city!


We then spent much longer than I anticipated picking out the perfect first day back-to-school outfit.  After much indecision, Liam finally selected a blue Ninja Turtles t-shirt and camouflage cargo shorts. He is convinced that his friends will think that this outfit is "cool".   He also picked out all of his "ce que je veux" school snacks and decided that he needed a new tube of lip chap (he opted for peppermint mocha flavour) since it is getting to be "that time of year".

He was extremely well behaved all day and can be so hilarious.  For example, after he settled on his outfit he told me, "Thank you Mama.  I am so happy with this."  He also mentioned repeatedly throughout the day that he was very glad it was his day and not "Day of Mama" because doing what he likes is much more fun.

He collapsed in contented exhaustion after our busy day and is very, very excited to get on the school bus tomorrow.  Hopefully this means that I will not have to drag him kicking and screaming onto the bus for the first few weeks of school like I had to do last year.  I am still slightly traumatized by that extremely unpleasant experience.

1 comment:

  1. ...Day of Liam, that is so awesome! What a wonderful way to make memories! I am happy for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete