Tuesday 8 May 2018

The Neverending Pile

I am thrilled to report that my call for reinforcements, with home brew incentives, was heeded.  I made excellent use of Grandpa's strength and endurance to push heavy wheelbarrows full of dirt and Grandma's Seamus watching skills.  After a gruelling day of shovelling and hauling (though, honestly, I enjoyed it - the sun was shining, there was a crisp breeze, the birds were singing and my muscles were burning), we have gone from this


to this


We have filled all our pallet gardens, planter pots, and the squash garden.  

We have done so many loads that we have worn a path to the garden.
We are now adding the remainder of the dirt to the main garden, reserving just enough to fill the A-frame lettuce planter that I am planning to build.

The main garden so far.
We are on track to finish tomorrow (this hinges on me being able to move in the morning).

Wheelbarrows lined up and ready to go in the morning.
All my work on the gardens is already paying off.  We had our first salad of the season at dinner tonight: kale, red and green lettuce, endive, and Italian parsley (topped with GG's brown sugar and white vinegar dressing).  Fresh salad by May 8th must be some sort of record!


1 comment: