Thursday 3 May 2018

She's on a Break Away

It has been a trying few weeks with the boys.  I am not sure whether they are suffering from spring fever or simply a phase of defiant behaviour, but they have been wearing me down.  Between poking each other with sticks, water gun sprays to the face, clogging the sink with toilet paper and flooding the power room, drawing on the porch with permanent marker, using toilet words at the dinner table, playing pretend potty in the outdoor water toys, etc., I am tired out.

My patience feels kind of like Sad Chicken looks - worn out and decrepit.
Thank goodness I have a fantastic partner who recognizes when we need a few days away and wonderful parents who are willing and energetic enough to temporarily take responsibility for the circus that is our lives.

I am so grateful that Ian and I are in Montreal on holiday until Saturday.  Grandma and Grandpa are containing all farm and toddler related chaos.  I am hoping this much needed break will rejuvenate my patience making it more like the happy ducks below instead of the exhausted hen above.

Rain makes happy go lucky ducks.

1 comment: