Sunday 25 July 2021

Truly Happy

Today I was truly happy.  It was an easy day: child care was split evenly, the farm chores got done, the gardens are well watered and weeded, the bees have been inspected, we ate healthily, Ali and I went walking, and Ian and I started a new tradition of monthly at-home date night dinners.  

We (well, mostly I) have decided that once a month we will feed the kids first, put them to bed, and then we will switch off making a special date night dinner just for us.  Ian took the first turn tonight, preparing me a lovely Tokyo-inspired dinner of fresh spring rolls, sushi and grilled prawns with homemade peanut satay sauce.  We had golden honeydew melon for dessert and polished off a bottle of wine.  It was perfect.  

Liam helping me scrub the algae out of the water buckets and duck ponds.

Ali and I went for a relaxing afternoon stroll.

A beautifully set table - beeswax candle and everything!





Here's to hoping that my future holds more days like today.  Now to figure out what I am going to serve on August 25th....

No comments:

Post a Comment