Sunday 18 July 2021

A Date with a Woolly Mammoth

I must have visited the Canadian Museum of Nature at least a half dozen times during my childhood but, oddly enough, the only memories I have retained from these trips are of visiting the woolly mammoth statues outside.  They certainly spark the imagination.  And so, today I continued ingraining their woolly presence in the memories of my own children.




In addition to seeing my favourite mammoths, we also headed inside to visit the dinosaurs, see the giant spinning Earth and Moon, inspect the insects, gaze at a moon rock, rock 'n roll with the muskox, and much more.  All of the interactive displays were off or covered up, except (thank goodness) the boys' favourite volcanic eruption creator game.  They also loved the walk through cave exhibit and the video icebergs. 











Two hours of museum time was enough to thoroughly exhaust the boys and it was a quiet rest of the day with very early bedtimes for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment