Sunday 10 May 2020

A Happy Mama

As a mama of three humans, one donkey, seven goats, six sheep, three dogs, two turkeys, eighteen ducks, fourteen hens, one rooster, 56 chick fetuses, approximately 30,000 honey bees, and four fish, I must say that all my dependants made me feel extra special today.

Everyone contributed somehow: a special breakfast, homemade cards and gifts, having a long morning nap, easy bedtimes, extra good behaviour, and allowing me the longest sleep-in in two years (thank you Ian and ear plugs in equal parts for this)!




I may still have done several loads of laundry, a few loads of dishes, made some meals, milked some goats, cleaned some wounds, changed some poopy diapers, bandaged some booboos, and doled out a few "evil eyes"...but this is a small price to pay to be surrounded by the love of so many precious creatures.

Happy Mother's Day to all my fellow mamas out there.  I hope you felt especially appreciated today for all the hard work you do for your children (human and animal) all year long.  I am sending love and positive vibes your way on this very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment