Monday 29 October 2018

My Constant Canine Companion

Emily has been my constant sidekick lately.


She loitered at our feet all morning while Seamus and I baked bread.




And she seems to have a nap time radar.


I typically enjoy her companionship - who wouldn't love a dog who is a grump to everyone but you - but I have to admit that her new habit of sleeping as close to my stomach as possible is getting a bit annoying.  Last night I woke from a dead sleep and was halfway out of bed thinking that I heard one of the boys calling me for help before I realized that it was Emily snoring - very, very loudly.  She has been subsequently relegated to the end of the bed.  Hopefully my own delightful pregnancy snoring will drown out her toddler-mimicry snores from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment