Saturday 27 October 2018

A Complex Identity

I especially love the days when I get to wear a variety of different (metaphorical) hats.  For example, yesterday I spent the morning mucking the barns and baking homemade cinnamon buns and then the afternoon at the spa before caring for Liam after school and arranging his very first family movie night (we watched Transformers #boymom).   Or today, when I spent much of the day in mama mode (at the doctor's office dealing with Liam's mysterious face rash, watching Liam climb straw bales, and reading him many, many library books) but was also able to care for the animals and spend the evening out on a concert date with Ian.  I love that I have the opportunity be a farmer, mother, partner, baker, homesteader, academic, beekeeper (and much more) all in the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment