Tuesday 16 October 2018

A Little Neighbourly Inspiration

Our next door neighbour Alan dropped by this morning to share a container of his homemade hot sauce and a paper bag filled with mushrooms from his garden.  Yes, the very same wine cap mushrooms that I am trying (so far unsuccessfully) to grow.  He casually mentioned that he has gotten so many that he has tried frying them, mushroom soup, etc.  He had me at mushroom soup.  Divine.





I paired the cream of mushroom soup with basmati rice and homemade buttermilk cheddar cheese biscuits.


I think this might have been one of the most delicious meals I have ever made from scratch.  Ian and I both thought it was fantastic.  The boys, on the other hand, hated it.  The only reason they choked it down was to obtain permission to eat the lemon meringue pudding I made for dessert.  There is no accounting for taste.

Thank you Alan for both the mushrooms and the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment