Tuesday 23 October 2018

Moving at a Turtle's Pace

As much as I am loath to admit it, I am slowing down.  I am exhausted - all the time.  My beach ball sized stomach is weighing me down and I still have months to go!  Today, Grandma and Seamus took pity on me and helped out by planting some spring flower bulbs that I purchased during a spurt of ambitiousness (that later dissipated).  The bulbs have been sitting (alongside the planting garlic) on my counter for weeks.  Today they finally got planted in my front flower beds (which I admit are sorely in need of weeding that I am simply not feeling up to doing).


I did, however, manage to inventory our freezers (though it took three days) .  With the possibility of a deer's worth of meat to freeze in the coming months, this is a necessary autumn chore.


Needless to say, we are going on a (partial) boycott of the grocery store.  We have so much food stored up - both pre-made meals like soups, stews, chillis, etc. and raw ingredients like meats, bone broth, breads, pastry, vegetables, etc. - to last us through the winter, if not longer.  From today forward my grocery lists will only include milk, fresh fruit and veggies that are not currently in our garden, and flour.  I am sure there will be exceptions but with all the food that I went through over the past few days they should be few and far between.

All right Winter - I am ready for you, though I may be very slow to answer the door if you knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment