Wednesday 7 February 2018

Impatient Poultry

At night we use a sheet of plywood to block the nest boxes prohibiting the chickens from sleeping (and thus pooping) in their nests.  The hens are usually content to wait until morning for me to remove the nest blocker.  They then hop into a nest box and go about their daily business of egg laying.  Except one hen.  She is overly ambitious.


















Every morning when I move the plywood, this particular hen is already sitting in the top nest box having somehow squeezed herself in the tiny crack between the plywood sheet and the nest.  Despite being able to get herself in, she cannot seem to figure out how to get herself back out.  Each morning when I arrive at the coop she gives me a contemptuous stare which I read as, "You're late.  I have been stuck in here FOREVER!"  Silly chicken.  So impatient.


No comments:

Post a Comment