Saturday 24 February 2018

Ice and Tarts


After venturing into the icy death trap that is our backyard for morning chores, Seamus and I decided to stay inside.

My path to the barn.

Ice cleats required.
To pass the time, we made a batch of GG's butter tarts using my freshly churned butter and the eggs I  perilously collected from the coop this morning.


I aced the filling this time.


However, my pastry turned out very crumbly.  Too much shortening I expect.


The tarts looked great in the pan but were very hard to remove intact.


I suppose like my bread making skills, my pastry making skills are a work in progress.  However, I did discover that an empty corn syrup bottle is an excellent way to keep a toddler occupied while trying to bake.

Seamus busy trying to get the last drop of corn syrup out of the bottle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment