Tuesday 20 February 2018

Fed, in Bed, and Asleep

There is nothing like breakfast for supper on days when your kids are fussy and just need to be fed and put to bed.  Luckily our chickens have been laying lots of eggs.  I am not sure whether it is the competitive spirit of the Farm Olympics, or more likely the increase in daylight, but I have been feeling like an egg washing machine lately.  I wonder if you can buy an actual egg washing machine?  I will have to google that...


In addition to washing eggs, today I whipped up some homemade butter.  The fresh buttermilk is perfect for making omelettes.


So, dinner tonight was ham with a buttermilk omelette.  So easy, minimal dishes, and kid friendly.  A winner all around.



The days where the kids are fed, in bed, and asleep by 6:20pm simply cannot be beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment