Tuesday 14 November 2017

A Last Hurrah...for Now.

With a household of sick kiddos - Liam has a doctor's appointment at 2pm for an ear ache - we are a bit of a mess.  At least the boys sleep more when they are ill.

Despite the frozen ground, this morning I tackled our rhubarb patches during nap time.  These patches were newly planted this year as replacements for our old rhubarb patch that suffered from root rot.  I raked up some leaves and weeded as best I could.  Hopefully, something comes back in the spring.  Rhubarb is supposed to be resilient, isn't it?


I also figured that there is no time like the present to tackle my last flower garden - the pond garden.  You never know when something else will come up that inhibits me from gardening duty.  I better do it now, while I still can!

Ugh.
I trimmed and weeded and....voila!

A bit better.
In the middle of my garden work, I received a dreaded bing-bong on my phone as my final dissertation comments landed in my inbox.  That signals the end of my farm-cation.  For now.  Back to the computer and the brain work instead of the yard work.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment