Friday 3 November 2017

Scooped the Poo Sludge out of your Eavestroughs Lately?

I have the best parents on the planet.  Not everyone's dad would climb onto the roof of their house to finish pressure washing the siding that is too high to reach on a ladder. It was driving me crazy to leave part of the house dirty.

Yes, that's my dad pressure washing my house.
Turns out I get my love of pressure washing from him.
Not everyone's mom would weed their garden while babysitting their toddler.

Mom and Seamus helping me with yard work.
My parents did both of these things freeing me up to learn how to clean out my eavestroughs.

True or false?  Eavestroughs stay clean as long as there are no big trees over the house.

Unequivocally false.  While there were no leaves in sight, it turns out that my eavestroughts were full of up to a half inch of a disgusting sludge of bird poo and shingle sand.  As I learned today, this occasionally needs to be scooped out.  We have never done this the entire time we have been living here.

The bird poop-shingle sand combo.
My sludgy eavestrough.

 Luckily my handy Dad saved the day once again.  He created a poop scoop out of an old Dory bubble bath container that worked like magic!

My full sludge bucket and handy Dory scoop.
Is collecting a whole pail full of poop sludge a victory?  Debatable.  At least I can sleep at night knowing my house has clean eavestroughs.  Funny how I slept just fine before I knew that they were dirty.  Oh, life will never be the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment