Wednesday 26 May 2021

Life, uh... Finds a Way

Everything on the farm has grown at least a foot in the past week.  Our lawn is a jungle!  Both our asparagus and sorrel have gone to seed!  This is amazing given the utter lack of precipitation we have had.  A big "thank you" to both Ms. Erin and Ms. Kerry for keeping our flora and fauna nourished and flourishing during our absence.

It seems that I forgot to mention to Erin that Gus-Gus prefers to lay her turkey eggs on the floor of the coop instead of in the nest boxes with the hens.  As a result, Gus-Gus has been allowed to keep a week's worth of her eggs, which she is now sitting on.  Apparently, she decided this was her chance to be a mama and she took it.  Gus-Gus was definitely not interested in showing me how many eggs she was incubating and gave me a menacing hiss when I tried to poke around underneath her.  I guess we will just have to see how she fares in her quest for motherhood in about 27.5 to 28 days. 


Baby turkeys were not in our plan for summer 2021 but in the words of Jurassic Park's Dr. Ian Malcolm, "I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way."

No comments:

Post a Comment