Monday 2 March 2020

From Head to Toe

Today was packed full of brains, ears and feet, though in a somewhat unusual way.

On the upside, we successfully trapped Jill Rat.  On the downside, it turns out that there is also a Jenny Rat who is (believe it or not) more savage than Jill.  Jenny ate Jill's face off and then devoured her brain.  I wish I was joking.  I was greeted this morning with the lower half of a rat in the trap ending in a bloody severed spine.  Again, not joking.  Apparently the Gael Glen Farm Rat Trapping Saga is actually a horror flick.  I reset the trap.  Goodness knows what I will find tomorrow.  Have I mentioned that I am not a fan of scary movies?

In terms of ears, today's bread came out of the oven with a very nice one. An "ear" in bread baking is "the result of scoring the top of the bread, which, when baked, produces lifted a piece of crisp crust that look like an ear and makes for an attractive appearance". Score!


At the opposite end of the body, my toes are (thankfully) still intact (who knows with Jenny possibly luring around the corner - a thought too terrifying to dwell upon!) but I have been having pain in my right foot for the past month or two.  I tried to chalk it up to the random aches and pains of aging but it seems to be getting worse instead of better.  Today I had it x-rayed for a possible stress fracture.  The results should be in in the next day or so.

Taking all these anatomical updates under consideration, I am very much hoping for sweet dreams of freshly baked loaves of bread as opposed to nightmares featuring Jenny the zombie rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment