Saturday 1 February 2020

Liam & Daddy's Fishing Day

Blog and Photos by Liam (and Daddy with help from Mama)


Today Daddy and I went fishing on Muskrat Lake.  It was a very good time.


We started by putting the ice shack up and drilling six holes.  Daddy drilled and I supervised.  I shovelled the snow out of the ice shack.  My kid shovel broke.



We used real worms as bait.  Daddy tried using pretend bait but switched to real worms. Also, his hook was too light.


I caught two fish all by myself and Daddy caught the rest.  I had a third whopper on the line but lost him at the hole.  Daddy lost one too.  He shoved his hand down the hole in the freezing cold water but the fish was too fast.


We ate lots of junk food.  It was great!

When we were packing up, we met a nice fisherman who had caught lots of fish today.  He told us that one day he was out on the lake for four hours and he was able to catch 200 fish!  Today he caught 60 and he gave them to us!


On the drive home I was a little bit tired.



When we got home, we cleaned all the fish.  Seamus loved cleaning them!  They made our house smell like a lake.



Fish guts!


Today was a very fun day with my Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment