Tuesday 11 February 2020

My Bread Niche

I have discovered my new favourite specialty bread: the breakfast tea loaf.  After my successful raisin & tea bread from the other morning, I decided to incorporate Ian's favourite Harney and Sons tea into tomorrow's breakfast loaf.


The dough needs its second proof overnight in the fridge but I cannot wait to bake it up in the morning.



Who knew that using tea leaves in baked goods would impart such an incredible flavour?!  Maybe the breakfast crowd is my niche market.

Gael Glen Farm's Bakeshop is now taking custom orders for our breakfast tea bread - you choose the tea and we will feature it in a loaf of our artisan bread.  Please get in touch to arrange tea drop off and fresh bread pick up.

Update:



Victory!  A truly stellar loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment