Friday 31 January 2020

Return to Sender

It is hard to believe that two months have passed but today it was time to return Adstock to his home on Karberry Farm.  A gentler ram there never was and we thoroughly enjoyed his stay with us. 


As sad as we were to see him go, Charlie was by far the saddest.  When she realized that we were taking him out of her paddock she let loose the most woe-filled, sorrowful donkey bray that you ever did hear.  Do not even get me started on her mournful, downcast eyes.  It was enough to break your heart.

Before today I did not realize how fond Charlie had grown of Adstock during his time here.  If I had to guess, I suspect the turning point from "ugh another sheep" to "bff" occurred when Adstock rammed the metal bowl out of my hands thus proving himself worthy of being Charlie's companion protector of the flock.  Hopefully Charlie will not stay too sad for too long.  I would suggest that the prospect of spring lambs might cheer her up but she hates all cute baby animals - so, never mind.

Thanks for the visit Adstock.  You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment