Friday 3 January 2020

Sorry, No Milk Today

I opened the barn door this morning to reveal a herd of the cutest prison breakers ever.

"Hi Mom!"
The baby goats have outgrown their sleeping crate so I have been putting them to bed in the barn stall adjacent to Martha and Mellie for the past few nights.  This worked well for several nights in a row and I thought we were in the clear.  However, last night, the babies apparently decided to break the gate latch and rejoin their mamas for an overnight nursing extravaganza.  Full baby goat bellies in the morning means no milk left in Martha and Mellie's udders for me.  What a shame!


Tonight everyone was returned to their allocated nighttime accommodations and the gate latch has been re-envisioned.


On the bright side, things are not as bad for me as for Farmer Brown; there may have been no milk today but my hens still laid me eggs!  And if things get worse, at least I know not to trust the ducks as an intermediary.



Citation

Cronin, D. (2000). Click Clack Moo: Cows That Type.  Simon & Schuster.

No comments:

Post a Comment