Friday 13 December 2019

On the First Day of Christmas...

It is almost 2020.  The partridge in a pear tree thing is getting old.  We have the pear tree but who the heck has a partridge just running around nowadays?!  And furthermore, what woman waits for her "true love" to provide her with food anyway?  I mean, I am assuming that the partridge is for supper, right?  With a pear chutney?  I suppose it could be a pet...come to think of it, it might be kind of nice to have a pet partridge.  But I digress...

In honour of the first day of Christmas here on Gael Glen Farm, I (an enlightened and self-sufficient farm woman) give you....not a partridge in a pear tree but....wait for it....Jack Sparrow soup.  Prepared by yours truly.  From Jack Sparrow.  Our rooster.  Who is now in the soup pot.  Here you go - a Christmas carol for the modern age.




The soup was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment