Saturday 21 December 2019

A Haunting Duet

We had a relaxing and enjoyable Winter Solstice here on Gael Glen Farm.  After a leisurely breakfast, morning chores and Alistair's nap, we spent a few hours exploring the Museum of History using a membership pass we took out at the public library. 


Apparently this was not the activity of choice for most people today as we had the museum mostly to ourselves. 


Liam devoured the temporary Neanderthal exhibit (he and I have been talking a lot about evolution lately) and Seamus was awestruck by the totem poles. 


All three boys even sat through a full length showing of the Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018) in the museum's theatre. Shocking!  I think they are on their best behaviour because Grandpa Don is up visiting; I am not complaining.

I rounded out the evening by finishing all the gift wrapping.  Thanks Grandma Susan for the solid head start!  I am now officially done all the Christmas baking and wrapping!  Woot woot!

Speaking of woots...well, actually hoots - I was treated to a haunting duet by a pair of owls during evening chores.  I have never heard owls here on the farm before but tonight they were very vocal in their celebrations of the winter solstice.  It was magnificent.

We are off to an awesome start to Christmas vacation.  I am looking forward to another excellent day tomorrow and to the start of longer days.  Happy Winter Solstice everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment