Monday 2 December 2019

Aphid Assault

The indoor beet green experiment is no longer.  My beets were under siege by a relentless onslaught of aphids.  I love cheap, homegrown greens as much as the next person, but trying to keep one step ahead of the aphids was simply a losing battle and not worth the effort.  Bye, bye beet greens.  You and your parasitic foes made the chickens a delicious early winter snack.


My chard seems to be unappealing to the aphids.  However, now that I have eliminated their preferred food source maybe any remaining bugs might be somewhat less picky about their future accommodations.  Beggars can't be choosers? - let's hope not or the chard will also be on its way to poultry paradise.  I will check back at the next watering and see how things are faring.


No comments:

Post a Comment