Tuesday 9 January 2018

Click Clack Cluck?

I think my hens might be literate.  In fact, I think they might be reading my blog.  Let me explain.  Last week, we were getting one egg per day.  Yesterday, we got eight!  Either my hens are responding to my veiled threat to make them into chicken soup or else the increased amount of daylight or the warmer temperatures are really making a difference.  Impossible to know.  Regardless of the reason, we are almost back in the position of having enough eggs to sell.  I am looking forward to this because for Christmas I received a beautiful farm stamp from Ian.  I intend to put this to good use stamping egg cartons, egg shells, chickens (?), Charlie (?), children (?)...  I figure that pretty much anything I can get my hands on is fair game.  




For the record, I will really begin to wonder if I start to get type written letters from the hen house in response to my demand for eggs.  Or maybe only cows send requests for electric blankets?


No comments:

Post a Comment