Monday 29 January 2018

Varying Degrees of Inaction

After being bedridden for the past two days with an especially vicious strain of the flu, I am now back in action.  Sort of.  It is a snuffly, cranky, achy sort of action necessitated by the fact that Seamus needs someone to take care of him since it is Monday and Ian has to go to work.

Emily was my constant companion during my flu filled days and nights.
Every time I awoke, she was by my side.
She even put her intense passion for barking at the goats on hold so she could remain near me.
If that isn't love, I don't know what is.
Leaving my bread to proof (rise) for 36 hours instead of the suggested 12-24 because I was too sick to get out of bed to bake it resulted in a major sourdough fail.  Clearly giving the yeast too much time to rise contributed to a lack of action on their part.

Rock hard sourdough frisbees.  Yuck.
Finally, today is the day my ewes are supposed to go into heat.  I have been waiting impatiently for today hoping to see lots of sheep reproductive action.  So far nothing out of the ordinary.  They are all doing a lot of eating and standing around but sadly, not much else.  Boring!


Maybe we're all just in slow motion and need one more day (hopefully) to get back to our normal levels of energy and finesse.  Here's to hoping. *Snuffle*Snuffle*Cough*Cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment