Monday 25 January 2021

Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous

Have you ever had a day so trying that you actually check the phase of the moon to see if you can find some possible reason for the sudden monstrous behaviour of your offspring? In case you are wondering, tonight is a Waxing Gibbous phase.  So much for that.

I offer one small snippet of my day:

Me: "Seamus please wash yourself."
Seamus (in the bath): "Nope."
Me: "You aren't going to wash yourself at all?  Not even your butt?"
Seamus: "No."
Me (deep breath): "Okay.  Get out then and put on your pyjamas."

Ten minutes later after I have dealt with Liam, prepared bedtime things for Alistair and put away a bunch of laundry.

Me: "Seamus come brush your teeth please."
Seamus: "No."
Me: "Either you brush them or I brush them but you cannot go to bed with dirty teeth."
Seamus: "You brush them."
Me: "Fine.  Wait....did you see that?"
Seamus: "What?"
Me: "There.  In your hair."
Seamus: "WHAT?"
Me: "Seamus!  Are you so dirty that you have BUGS in your hair?  Let me look [for the obviously imaginary bugs]."
Seamus squirming.
Me: "Oh Seamus!  You better get into the bath RIGHT AWAY!  It might be dirt but..."
Seamus (ripping off his pyjamas): "Ohh, this is nice and warm."

We get Seamus' body and hair washed without further incident.  He gets out of the bath and opens his mouth super wide.
Seamus: "We better brush my teeth really good, right?"
Me: "Yup, definitely [eye roll]."

And this was my day on repeat.  

Liam and Seamus are seriously lucky that they are not currently posted on Kijiji for rehoming.  

And if I have to sing Ali "Baby Shark" one more time he might be joining them.

Even Ava was better behaved than my boys today and THAT is saying something indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment