Saturday 30 January 2021

Dividing & Conquering our Way to Peace

I would like to say that there is something new and exciting going on in Gael Glen Farm's barnyard but that is simply not the case.  It is really cold here and the animals are laying low.  They munch their hay, they stand around in the sun, they drink their water before it freezes.  That's about it.

As for the humans, we approached the weekend using the "divide and conquer" technique.

Grandma took Seamus for a visit.  He spent the day wood working in the basement shop that she build for him at her condo.



Liam and I braved the cold in favour of an afternoon in the sunshine.  Liam planned our route through the forest and guided us the whole way.  We hiked 4.7 km in a little under 2 hrs.  We made such great time by not having to carry Ali "Sack of Potatoes" on my back or wait for Seamus "Mr. Short Legs" to catch up.  By the end of the hike my legs and nose were pretty cold but it was great to spend the afternoon outside with my eldest and most enthusiastic hiker.







I know that "there's an app for that" but Liam and I
worked out the distance we hiked the old fashioned way (with math).

Ian was relegated to house and baby sitter duty during Alistair's nap.  He held down the fort, worked at putting away the last few holiday decorations, and even had some "me time" (what a luxury!).

It was a perfectly peaceful day for all.  Finally.  I am looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment