Monday 4 January 2021

Exceeding Expectations

I set my expectations very low for today's return to homeschooling but it seems that I was apprehensive for nothing.  The boys got right back into the groove of our school routine with absolutely no fuss.  I fed them well, they each completed three hours of school work, and then they played outside for the afternoon in the snow.  

Seamus learned about wild animals, plurals, and using a period at the end of a statement.  Liam worked on telling time, weighting things, addition and subtraction, and learned about the sense of sight.  Alistair napped obligingly during school time and then played enthusiastically while I made rustic rooster pot pies for supper (and two for the freezer).  


We also baked bread, did the farm chores, and got caught up on laundry.  On the whole, it was a very successful first day back to school.   What a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment