Monday 18 January 2021

Being Old Mother Hubbard

This morning I was greeted by two dozen ravenous ankle-biters (they are distantly related to velociraptors, remember) and a hangry Pecky Becky.   Thanks but no thanks.  

They are coming for me!
Just like Old Mother Hubbard, I went to the green bins only to find that they were empty!  I exaggerate, I knew that we were running low on both Charlie's oats and chicken feed but I was hoping that we could make it to delivery day this week (Wednesday).  Sadly, it was not to be.  I added a stop to the Farm Supply to my chore list.

Of all days, it was a good one to be out of chicken food since we had a grocery pick-up scheduled for this afternoon anyway and a book on hold at the library.  So, after homeschooling, including a backyard skate and outdoor play time for "recess", we were off.


This afternoon's pick ups were uneventful. Remember when we used to actually go into stores not just pick up things curbside?  At least now the kids do not even need to get out of the car for us to get all stocked up!


I am happy to report that the chickens' feeder is back to being full to the brim.  They attacked the food like they had been starved for days!  Spoiled dinosaur descendants.



The best part of supply day is that we get fresh salad for supper!  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment