Wednesday 8 July 2020

Dead? Nope, Just Sweltering

It is beyond hot today.  I cannot actually remember it ever being hotter.  I have muttered silent thanks many times over the course of the day that we decided to put in air conditioning two summers ago.


Not all of us here on the farm are quite as lucky as us farmers with our air conditioned living quarters.  Not only can Gloria Swinem and Ham Solo not sweat but they also do not have an air conditioned barn.  As much as I love my animals, I draw the line at bringing pigs inside the house.  They are huge and they really, really stink.  And so, our piggies have spent much of today laying forlornly in the shaded dirt or soaking lethargically in their wallow.  We have checked on them several times over the course of the day and they are fine but I can tell they are thinking, "It is so oinkingly hot I could just squeal!"



All of us here on Gael Glen Farm have pretty much had enough of this extreme heat. Oh, how we wish it would rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment