Tuesday 28 July 2020

A Soap-xtravaganza in the Works

As I watch my garden progress, I am cognizant that autumn and, with it, flu season are fast approaching.  This sounds like the perfect time to host a Fall Soap Sale.  Cold process soap needs time to cure so now is the time to get soaping!  As luck would have it, I have some downtime coming in a few days, so I am planning a soap-xtravaganza!


I have not made soap in forever and I have at least six recipes on my list to try.

#1 Baked Apple Pie
A goat milk soap with hints of vanilla, apple and cinnamon in a cream, golden and brown swirl pattern decorated with a cinnamon stick and using powdering cinnamon in the batter.

#2 Bacon Beetroot
Rounds of goat milk soap made using home rendered pork tallow and dyed with homegrown beetroot for a deep luxurious colour.  I cannot figure out what the scent of this soap should be.  Any suggestions?

#3 Mango Citrus Circles
A tricolour, fancy patterned goat milk soap with a fresh, fruity scent.

#4 Aloe Ocean Swirl
A gentle and moisturizing goat milk soap made using homegrown aloe vera and presented in a beautiful wave design.  I am also stuck on a fragrance for this one.  Thoughts?

#5 Rosy Beeswax
A soothing rose scented soap made with beeswax from our apiary and rose clay for gentle cleansing and moisturizing.

#6 Lilac Honey Oat
A sweet floral scented soap using homemade lilac water, honey from our apiary, and finely ground oatmeal for gentle exfoliation.

Which of these sounds like a winner to you?  Any thoughts on scents for #2 and #4?  Help me!  Comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment