Saturday 29 September 2018

Non-Stop Action

I know lots of young families have busy weekends.  We are no exception but in the autumn they just seem to be so much busier than during the rest of the year.

This morning we divided and conquered.  The boys and I were responsible for the animal chores, housework and laundry.  Ian went goose hunting and brought home meat for the freezer.  By mid-morning we had reconvened for the Beavers' Apple Day to raise money for the Stittsville Food Bank.

Seamus helped out by being an excellent apple buffer.
He takes his job as Beaver-in-training very seriously.
We then went our separate ways again.  The boys and I were scheduled for afternoon naps.  Ian, with the help of Mr. Steve, was back on barn building duty.  We are happy to report that we now have four walls and roof trusses!  Thank you Steve for your help this afternoon.  We anticipate lots of progress on barn construction tomorrow.


After a family dinner, animal and toddler bedtime routines, and frost-proofing the gardens, Ian is busy cleaning the geese, Grandma Cora is cleaning the kitchen and I am cleaned out.

I had to dry out all my frost-proofing sheets after they got soaked by this afternoon's rain storm.

Seamus and I covered up our winter gardens.
Is it that pathetic to be in our jammies and ready for bed at 7:30 pm?

1 comment: