Wednesday 2 January 2013

The Boot Warming Snuffleupagus Machine

The time comes each morning when I finish breakfast and have to venture out to check on the chickens and ducks.  Nothing makes this farm chore more unpleasant than knowing that to do so, I have to thrust my nice warm feet into my cold damp farm boots.  Ugh.  Worst feeling ever - especially if I am not wearing socks (which happens more frequently than not since I almost always wear my lamb slippers in the house and my lambies are too hot to wear with socks).

My toasty feet in my lamb slippers.
 Sometimes if my boots get really wet inside, I'll put them on plastic mitten heaters that go on top of the furnace vents in the kitchen to dry out.  However, with farm boots there is often frozen chicken poop from the coop caked in the tread on the bottom of the boots.  You can imagine the delightful smell that results from chicken poop roasting over an open furnace vent and the mess that the melting poop sludge makes as it slides down the boots and all over the kitchen floor during the thawing process.  Not pleasant.


My farm boots on the heater.
Luckily, Santa came up with an innovative solution to my unpleasant farm boot problem by giving Ian a boot warming snuffleupagus machine for Christmas!

Ian pretending to be a snuffleupagus.
I can now simply turn on the snuffleupagus machine in the mud room before I sit down to eat breakfast and then by chicken chore time, my boots are dry and toasty warm.  I can even place my boots on a boot tray when necessary so that they drip into a rinseable tray instead of all over the floor.

Ian's ice fishing boots hooked up to the snuffleupagus machine.
Now, all I need is a chicken coop cleaning snuffleupagus machine and my life would be complete.  Here's to hoping Santa operationalizes that one over the next 12 months and I find it under the tree next Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know for sure whether chicken and ducks live in Santa's village in the North Pole and whether he has a need for a snuffleupagus chicken poop machine...but I know his helper elf here is a bit challenged in the invention department. Doesn't bode well for finding this under the tree next year...sjk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Santa! Such an excellent gift! :)

    ReplyDelete