Tuesday 15 January 2013

My Dog Ate My...Lottery Ticket?!

When you were in school, did you ever use the excuse: "my dog ate my homework"?   I never did, but apparently I should have!

Our miniature schnauzer, Emily, has the unusual (and annoying) habit of chewing on paper.  You name it - kleenex (she prefers used ones), receipts, sticky notes, grocery lists - she's not picky.  Whatever paper she can get in her mouth, she'll chew up into mushy little chunks.  Normally she only attacks paper that is near floor level - the contents of bathroom garbage bins are fair game, the paper recycling box in Ian's office, notes that have fallen off the fridge etc.  Yesterday, she went above and beyond, climbing onto the living room coffee table to secure her biggest coup yet - Ian's Christmas lottery ticket from Grandma.  Sorry, Ian's winning Christmas lottery ticket from Grandma.  By the time we realized what was happening the crime scene looked something like this...


And the culprit (as if we didn't know who did it) further cemented her guilt by having remnants of the winning Bingo ticket stuck in her eyebrows and beard.  But how can you get mad at a face like this?


Luckily, Ian's winnings were only $3 and not a million or that would have really sucked seeing as Em chewed off the part of the ticket with the bar code needed to redeem his winnings.  However, Ian was quick to point out that $3 is enough to buy a new fishing lure and consequently Emily now owes him a lure.  I hope Ian is prepared to be paid in snuggles, cuddles and licks instead because I think the odds of Emily heading to Canadian Tire to get Papa a lure are slim to none.  

Now thanks to the Gael Glen Farm version of Myth Busters, we know it is possible - if a dog can eat your winning lottery ticket, I am positive she can also eat your homework!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Emily!...you didn't!?! SJK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling my Maltese Winter assumes she's a goat puppy and also ate a three dollar winning ticket

    ReplyDelete