Tuesday 9 August 2022

Exploding Cabbage & CSA Week #10

It was a soggy day for a harvest and I had to battle every slug and tiny snail in a 3 km radius. There are lakes in my garden. Lakes. And mud...so much mud.

Even so, we managed to pull together this week's CSA basket which includes: cabbage, kale, onions, hot and sweet peppers, basil, sage, parsley, zucchini, eggplant, cucumbers, tomatoes, swiss chard, turnips, carrots, beets, lettuce, arugula, and two dozen eggs.


As I was rinsing the mud off a delicious looking cabbage, I heard a *bang* and the cabbage literally exploded in my hands. I guess this one is destined for coleslaw for our supper.



The special items this week are a year's supply of garlic, a jar of Queen Anne's Lace syrup, and mini zucchini cakes with homemade cream cheese buttercream frosting. Huge thanks to Liam - Loaf Chef Extraordinaire - for the cakes. Rainy days are not the best for baking bread so I was glad he came up with this extremely delicious alternative.





Seamus "helped" too.

These are some excellent baskets today - our CSA members sure are in for a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment