Monday 14 December 2020

Model Goat & Tardy Duck

This evening's gift from Mother Nature was a lovely sunset.


Mellie suggested calling her glamour shot: "Snowflakes on Goat under a Peach and Lavender Sky".

Kate the duck was also out enjoying the view, so much so that she lost track of time and missed curfew.


At the conclusion of evening chores, I just happened to pause for one last glimpse of the sky's quickly fading colours when I heard the faintest "Cheep, cheep" coming from the direction of the chicken coop.  I headed over to check it out because usually I cannot hear the birds once the coop is closed up for the night.  

Sure enough, I found poor Kate pacing forlornly by the back door whispering softly to her brethren cuddled up warm and snugly in the coop.  As soon as I unlatched the door for her, Kate scampered inside ever so quickly with a soft but grateful quack.

Luckily I have excellent hearing because it would have been a very cold and windy night for a little duck to be stranded outside by herself.  I am glad that all my farm family are safely tucked away until sunrise.  One can only hope that tomorrow's sun up will be as enchanting as today's sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment