Sunday 13 December 2020

Done & Done

I was lucky enough to catch the beautiful sunrise and a slice of blue sky this morning before the storm front blew in smothering the rest of the day in sombre grey.  


And so, it was on this relatively quiet, very grey, day that I managed to complete our Christmas preparations.  All our holiday gifts (including stocking stuffers) are wrapped up tight and ready to go.  They are currently well disguised in Alistair's empty diaper boxes.  What kid would think to look there?!

This is such a huge departure from past years when I have shopped 'til I dropped and then wrapped everything up on Christmas Eve.  Pre-kids and pre-COVID too, I suppose, I used to love wandering through the beautifully decorated shopping mall on the day before Christmas searching for the perfect gifts for my special someones.  This year that plan was a hard nope.  

So, thanks to a little internet shopping, a few dedicated wrapping sessions, and the Peaceful Piano Christmas playlist on Spotify - Christmas might still be ten days away but this homestead's "Santa" is completely ready to rock and roll.

Bring on the stress-free holidays and a tall glass of eggnog.  I am just going to put my feet up by a roaring fire and let 'er rip.  My job here is done.  Mic drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment