Wednesday 23 December 2020

Living a Christmas Carol

Another day, another hike.  A slightly longer trek this time with lots of ups and downs, an old mine, some slippery ice, lots of tree roots, a huge beaver dam, and many look out spots over frozen lakes.













Lunch was hot dogs and s'mores with the pièce de résistance being chestnuts roasted on an open fire.  Unfortunately, they were super gross.  I am not sure why they get special mention.  There are many more delicious treats to indulge in at this time of year.





And yes, one could say that with a chill in the air Jack Frost was indeed nipping at our noses and we did sing Jingle Bell Rock around the fire which does qualify as a Yuletide carol, though I am not sure Seamus and I qualify as a choir.

I cannot believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow!  It looks like Santa will be getting wet, though.  I hope he has some fancy fur trimmed rain gear ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment