Saturday 21 November 2020

Barnyard Therapy

Despite waking up this morning with a weather-related headache, after an Advil and a few hours outside in the fresh air I feel mostly better.  As an added bonus, the animals now all have clean barns with fresh straw bedding, topped up minerals, fresh hay and water, and new wood shavings in the hens' nests.

While I was using barnyard therapy to cure my ills, Liam and Ian were off rabbit hunting.  Upon their return, they worked on preparing the materials I will need to winterize the bee hives tomorrow.  Ian made up sugar patties and taped up the hive wraps that we had taken apart to dry out last spring.  I will fill pillow cases with dry wood shavings later this afternoon to make insulated cushions for the tops of the hives.  Tomorrow I will head out to the bee yard to wrap the ladies up and put them to bed until springtime.


This afternoon Ian has headed back out, this time for some solo walleye fishing in the east end.  The boys and I have a busy afternoon scheduled full of laundry folding and building block tower construction.  But there is just enough time for a cup of my new favourite tea, Vanilla Bean Black from David's Tea, and a slice of Liam's latest culinary creation, Roasted Walnut and Date Loaf, before Alistair awakes from his nap.



Happy Saturday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment