Thursday 2 May 2019

A Cluckin' Miracle

Beemster, the rooster, has been released from quarantine and has rejoined his harem of hens in the chicken coop.  He is ecstatic.  I know this because he has started crowing again.  He went voluntarily mute while separated from his ladies.  He refused to crow, not even once, the entire time he was away from them.  It is wonderful to be back to hearing that joyous "Aw...aw, aw...aw, AW!" every morning (that is what cock-a-doodle-do actually sounds like in real life).

On the down side, Beemster is holding a grudge against me for stuffing him into a dog crate for a month.  He is adamant that I will never catch him again.  He now avoids being too close to me at all costs.  Unfortunately, this make it impossible for me to monitor his foot.

I outsmarted him last night though, thanks to a quick grab I made as he rushed towards the feeder at dinner time. 

I am thrilled to report that Beemster's sore foot looks phenomenal.  Bumblefoot might be difficult to cure but I think we did it.

Before
After
  It is a cluckin' medical miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment