Saturday 24 November 2018

I Think My Kombucha Hates Me

I have previously discussed my love-apathy relationship with my kombucha - well, I think it was offended.  After a five month "break", we are not in a good place.  I had a year of making kombucha with absolutely no issues. Maybe this was our “honeymoon phase”?  This is my second post-break attempt that has been overtaken by blue mould.  Ew.


After the first mouldy result, I threw out all my own scobies, sanitized all the jars and cover cloths and sourced a new scoby from a kindly neighbourhood kombucha maker. 

Result: mouldy batch number two.  Sigh.

Is this a sign that we are not destined to get back together?  Or maybe I need to work harder to make this relationship work?  I fear that it might be time for "the talk".  Where the heck is Dear Abby for kombucha brewers when you need her?!

No comments:

Post a Comment