Thursday 22 November 2018

Sausage Mania

I went to put my Christmas date squares in the garage deep freeze the other day, opened it up and got a substantial whiff of hot Italian sausage.  Why does my freezer smell like sausage, you ask?

Well, once a year, Ian and his retired Scouting buddies get a hankering for sausages.  I don't mean that they BBQ up a few sausages to quell their craving - that would be too easy.  Instead they buy boxes and boxes of pork (not to mention Ian's goose meat) and make close to a thousand homemade sausages.  Thank goodness, these are split among seven families and even then they last us the entire year.

Goose leg bones.
A hunting season's worth of goose meat.
Ground goose mixed with pork, making its way into sausages.
Sausage making men hard at work. 
It is around this time that the inappropriate sausage jokes abound and I make myself scarce.
 Liam and Seamus love sausage nights.  There is nothing more fun for them than getting to hang with the men, stuffing meat into intestines.  Must be a guy thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment